From candy shop to confectionery company
Suzuki Eikodo began in 1877 when Kamesaburo Suzuki founded a confectionery business in Tawaramachi, Ogaki City, Gifu Prefecture. In 1912, the current company building was built and the business began manufacturing jelly, which was rare at the time.
In 1933, Denshichi Suzuki of the second generation established a company. The company started full-scale confectionery production.